Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quilt Hunt

So I have realized that I come by my love of fabric and quilting honestly. I was reading about my grandma Isobel Finlinson Williams. She grew up in Oak City and her family owned the Oak City Cash Store. She told about how much she loved the fabric in the store. Her mother Lydia Finlinson was known for having everyone over to quilt. So I guess I can blame my quilting addiction on my Grand Sew Mama and my Great Grand Sew Mama! I know that there are some quilts out there that were made by my grandma Isobel and my great grandma Lydia, in fact I think I might have one or two myself. So I am going on a quilt hunt to find some of their quilts and the stories behind them.
This quilt was my bedspread when I was a little girl. I loved this quilt as a little girl, and was excited to find that my mom still had it. It was given to my mom by my Grandma Isobel, but my mom didn't know who made it. I will have to see if I can find out the story behind my first quilt! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment